Recording and monitoring of Posidonia meadows (habitat type 1120 *) and Reefs (habitat type 1170)
- Duration: until the end of 2015
- Contracting Authority: SamariaNational Park Management Body
- Contractor: “terraSOLUTIONS research company” – Poursanidis Dimitris
- Contract value: 16,700 €
- Funding: Operational Programme «Environment & Sustainable Development», NSRF 2007-2013, co-financed by ERDF and national resources.
- Aim: The monitoring of the habitat types of Community interest takes place in response to the country’s obligations under Directive 92/43/EEC.
- Implementation area:
The marine area of jurisdiction of the Samaria National Park Management Body (from the exit of Agia Eirini Gorge to the exit of Imbros Gorge), with a total coastline length ~ 51 km.
- Implementation stage:
Completion of Phase I: Preparatory work
Implementation of Phase II: Field Work